Visa Resolve Online (VROL)
Visa Resolve Online (VROL) is a fully integrated, best-in-class dispute processing solution that can help improve user productivity and reduce labor/training costs as well as errors associated with back-office exception processing. It includes an extensive transaction inquiry component and a comprehensive exception management processing system, plus ancillary functions such as accounting and cardholder letter generation.
VROL offers your credit union:
- A single application to support all your exception processing needs
- An extensive transaction inquiry component
- Feature-rich user interface designed to improve workflow and user productivity
Transaction Inquiry. Provides access to both the Visa Debit Processing Service Transaction Repository and the Visa Transaction Repository data with a single application. The Visa Debit Processing Service Transaction Repository contains all of your transactions including authorizations, financials, and clearings. Transactions are loaded near real-time and are stored in the repository for one full year. Transaction Inquiry functions include:
- Search. By BIN, Extended BIN, Card Number, POS or ATM Terminal ID, Consumer Account Number and Transaction ID.
- Filters. By Network, Transaction Amount, Transaction Type, Transaction Status, Merchant Category Code (MCC) and more.
- Detail Options. Access the details of each transaction using one of the following view options:
- Transaction Summary. Provides a subset of the transaction detail fields often required by law enforcement or insurance agencies for fraudulent transactions.
- Transaction Detail. Provides the full transaction detail.
- Additional Transaction Inquiry Functions. The system also allows you to access fraud reports, exception file postings, stop payment postings and VROL cases. These expanded search and query capabilities make the Transaction Inquiry component a valuable tool for many areas of your business including branches, fraud operations, call centers, back-office operations, product
management and exception processing.
Case Creation. Creates a series of related exception cases, adds all required supporting documentation, submits associated fraud reports, enters cardholder provisional credit or write-off accounting entries and generates a cardholder letter all within a single-user action.
- Master Case. Enables the user to link all related exception cases and documentation under a single umbrella case to effectively manage the full account and cardholder communications. The Master Case is especially useful for monitoring related fraud or terminal disputes.
Case Management. Automatic processing and monitoring of incoming/outgoing dispute items and assignment of work.
- Work Privileges. Privileges are established in a hierarchical structure. At the highest level, privileges can be assigned by product type (credit, debit, prepaid or other). The next level defines case types (fraud, non-fraud, PIN, signature and ATM). And, the last level grants access to individual dispute actions or activity types (adjustment, request for copy, chargeback, representment, arbitration and accounting) and dollar range.
- Work Queues. VROL for DPS offers two types of work queues:
- Pick-Up Work Queues. Selects the next highest priority case, always checking the work privileges prior to assigning the case.
- Monitoring Work Queues. Provides a view into all cases in a particular state. Each client can define where incoming items will be assigned. For example, a representment could be returned to the originator or placed in the work queue.
- Case Details. Provides access to general case information, original transaction detail, the details and status of all exception items submitted and received and all system actions taken. Using a self-documenting feature, the system automatically updates the exception item state and status.
- Full Regulation E/Regulation Z Monitoring. The system calculates a Regulation E or Regulation Z expiration date. Cases are then prioritized and monitored by the expiration date to ensure compliance.
Chargeback Automation. VROL for DPS supports two types of automated chargebacks:
- Auto-Chargeback for Non-Fulfillment. For the receipt of a non-fulfillment or no response to a request for copy.
- Auto-Chargeback for Non-Authorized Transactions. For a non-authorized or denied transaction.